Skip to main content

This Blonde Has Goals, How 'Bout You?

I didn't come this far to just come this far

Finally, it is Friday! The holy grail of week days! Although I am working some extra shifts at the restaurant this weekend, I am looking forward to relaxing! I have been precepting at a family practice the last few days, I'll be there until next Friday and then I'll receive my first float assignment! I cannot wait, there are a variety of offices I could be sent to and I am eager to learn! The sky is the limit, I'm looking forward to floating to different specialties and learning from talented providers! This is my favorite part of the medical field, amazing physicians teaching their passions.
Today was the first day was back in the saddle! It was like riding a bike, except for when I introduced myself as a server instead of an MA! ha! It was a memorable moment, one that I'll bring up later when telling people how I got to where I am. This fall I will take an online class that is needed to apply to the nursing program I am interested in. The goal is to apply and be accepted in the spring or summer next year, the sky is the limit! The steps to get into the program are similar to what I already did but it's a good refresher. Earlier this week, I wasn't viewing this as such but I'm feeling grateful that I have a second chance. The medical field is full of ups, downs, codes, policies, and procedures yet I wouldn't change a thing. Today made me realize how much I missed this field, whether it was the hospital floor or the clinical office, these patients are my passion. Hearing about their issues, big or small, and critically thinking to solve it and get that satisfied, reassured smile is what makes us do this everyday. I don't see it as a job, I don't see it as a hassle, it is truly my passion. With renewed motivation, I am prepared to head back into the field with more confidence than I've ever had.
You know, your twenties are about learning about yourself and figuring out what the heck you're supposed to do with the rest of your lives. The amount of pressure I put myself under in the past 5 years has been absolutely ridiculous and I blamed everyone else for it. In actuality, I was unhappy that I'm not where I feel I should be. After 7 years in the medical field, being 3 months away from graduation, and one stupid disease that I let take over my life, I have a renewed hope and strength for the future. God has a plan and knew what he was doing in each part of my life thus far, I trust the Man! He brought people in and out of my life who helped me along the way and taught me something, whether it be good or bad. He brought me to a new city full of opportunities, and he gave me the courage to take on hindrances head on. It would be so easy to let all the negative aspects cloud my vision and I have for a long time, but luckily, I get to refocus and make new goals.
I hope that everyone gets to experience something that makes them have an "ah ha" moment. It really has helped even the last few days, I can only imagine how much more it'll help continuing on. I pray that the weekend comes and stays for a bit to be enjoyed, that Monday won't really be the typical Monday, and that everyone invests their time in themselves just a bit. God bless!

..xobb

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tropic Like it's Hot!

Oh Florida summers... Goodness, is it hot?! Growing up in Fort Myers, you lived for Disney Original Movie marathons, ice cream, pool day and that rainy 3pm nap. That was life for us! After living in Central Florida for a little bit, I will say there is no better cure my Summer woes except for being in Fort Myers. Don't get me wrong, Mt Dora was beautiful but there is just something about my hometown! This week was the second at the new dermatology job, I'm slowly but surely learning the lingo. I have been in the medical field 10 years, but this specialty has a language all it's own! It's hard to keep your confidence, this position is more hands on involving anesthesia and sutures, but I'll get there! I will say though, I truly despise being the "new girl". Everyone asks the same question, patients and peers are a tad nervous since you're a stranger and all they have to go off of for your experience is your word. It's intimidating but adds to

Slap on a Little Lipstick and Pull Yourself Together!

It's hump day!  Halfway to the weekend, which usually means nothing to me since I work at a restaurant in a massive theme park! However, this weekend I have one of my closest friends coming to visit and I couldn't be more excited!! She was behind the motivation for me to start this blog, so yall be thankful! Heading into work, I wanted to post just a little something! First off, this blog is means more to me than just an outlet to express myself. It is becoming a way of releasing confidence that I've built up within myself in the last few years. I used to be the girl who threw on whatever slightly matched and didn't give a second glance at my roots or makeup! If I put eyeliner on, I would stun my beau at the time! Since then, I've grown to love myself and learn what makes me feel beautiful, now I want to share that knowledge! Quite wise, haha that's literally laughable! But if some person is taking time out of their day to read this, then I must be

I'm Made of Glitter, Water, and Anxiety

So over the last few years I have struggled with admitting and treating my own personal demon of anxiety. I have many friends who have a similar struggle and agree that prior to becoming it's prey, we thought anxiety was a total joke. I mean, when I would witness an anxiety attack I would just think, 'come on, pull it together sister!'. But now that I tend to deal with it on the daily, it is a very real monster. To have your own brain betray you as such is a difficult thing to grasp. Going from a perfectly rational person to trying to prevent anything and everything that could possibly happen, you look at yourself and think 'jeez! What a nutcase!'. Treating my anxiety wasn't an easy task, especially since I began treating mine at the end of a relationship and while being completely alone. It was a daily struggle and I really didn't feel like anyone would understand without being judgemental. I also used substances as my release, we all know I love my wine.