Skip to main content

Onto the Next One

I have posted before about my career and what happened that curbed my journey in nursing school. It has taken a long time, alot of research, and a good amount of courage and support to get my heart and mind ready to return as a student. Thankfully, I have the best motivation and I know I can definitely do it now.

The first half of this year handed me my pride and visions of where I swore I thought I'd be at this point in life. Perhaps that is why it has taken me so long to feel prepared to return and accomplish what I set out to do 5 years ago. I am looking forward to continuing on but I am really going to have to swallow my pride and go back to square one. I have been in the medical field for nearly 10 years, I have done the CNA thing in the hospital, I have seen babies born, held the hand of a mom-to-be who lost her baby, I have talked to someone who was delivered news of a terminal illness, I have seen a lot. This is the pride I'll need to "suck" up as soon as I walk through the next classroom door I'm destined for.

My future and my goals rest on scary tests and pieces of paper; neither of which do I like or will show if you are actually capable of doing what you were trained to do in the classroom, during labs or at clinicals. Michael is an amazing paramedic/firefighter and such a great example of what perseverance and hard work will get you. He is a biggest motivation for me, he doesn't even have to say a word. Just leads by example, that is one of the reasons I believe God has lead me to him. He has been awarded two Phoenix awards, this means that a patient clinically died and, thanks to his skills, was revived. It is such an honor to be able to learn from someone who has done such great things and will continue to do so. This being said, it is time for me to be proud of myself again. It has been a little while since I could look in the mirror and be happy with where I am in live. Slowly though, I am being able to see a light at the end of the new tunnel I'm in.
I have prayed for a long while that God would give me an explanation of the last ten years. Why things occurred the way they did and in the timing they did so. He really has given me a new perspective. His timing has a rhyme and a reason, it doesn't have to make sense to me, I am being taught lessons in faith during these times of test. This said, maybe I am meant to "shut up and listen" in this next chapter. We all know I can be sassy, say too much without thinking. This experience will definitely humble me, this I know. So, here's to another chapter, one without a number. Lord knows I am on my 100th book of life lessons by now. But it's my book, one I have been chosen to write, Lord willing.
The Best Motivation

..xobb 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tropic Like it's Hot!

Oh Florida summers... Goodness, is it hot?! Growing up in Fort Myers, you lived for Disney Original Movie marathons, ice cream, pool day and that rainy 3pm nap. That was life for us! After living in Central Florida for a little bit, I will say there is no better cure my Summer woes except for being in Fort Myers. Don't get me wrong, Mt Dora was beautiful but there is just something about my hometown! This week was the second at the new dermatology job, I'm slowly but surely learning the lingo. I have been in the medical field 10 years, but this specialty has a language all it's own! It's hard to keep your confidence, this position is more hands on involving anesthesia and sutures, but I'll get there! I will say though, I truly despise being the "new girl". Everyone asks the same question, patients and peers are a tad nervous since you're a stranger and all they have to go off of for your experience is your word. It's intimidating but adds to

Slap on a Little Lipstick and Pull Yourself Together!

It's hump day!  Halfway to the weekend, which usually means nothing to me since I work at a restaurant in a massive theme park! However, this weekend I have one of my closest friends coming to visit and I couldn't be more excited!! She was behind the motivation for me to start this blog, so yall be thankful! Heading into work, I wanted to post just a little something! First off, this blog is means more to me than just an outlet to express myself. It is becoming a way of releasing confidence that I've built up within myself in the last few years. I used to be the girl who threw on whatever slightly matched and didn't give a second glance at my roots or makeup! If I put eyeliner on, I would stun my beau at the time! Since then, I've grown to love myself and learn what makes me feel beautiful, now I want to share that knowledge! Quite wise, haha that's literally laughable! But if some person is taking time out of their day to read this, then I must be

I'm Made of Glitter, Water, and Anxiety

So over the last few years I have struggled with admitting and treating my own personal demon of anxiety. I have many friends who have a similar struggle and agree that prior to becoming it's prey, we thought anxiety was a total joke. I mean, when I would witness an anxiety attack I would just think, 'come on, pull it together sister!'. But now that I tend to deal with it on the daily, it is a very real monster. To have your own brain betray you as such is a difficult thing to grasp. Going from a perfectly rational person to trying to prevent anything and everything that could possibly happen, you look at yourself and think 'jeez! What a nutcase!'. Treating my anxiety wasn't an easy task, especially since I began treating mine at the end of a relationship and while being completely alone. It was a daily struggle and I really didn't feel like anyone would understand without being judgemental. I also used substances as my release, we all know I love my wine.