Skip to main content

Macaroons and Memories

We didn't know we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun

In the last two weeks, I've gone back to my hometown for appointments and family events. It is always interesting going back. When I'm at home in O-town, I always feel like I'm missing "back home" and want to return. Then I return and am reminded why we left; there is nothing wrong with where I am from, I just love where I am going!
Centennial Park in Downtown Fort Myers
My sister arranged with her photographer friend to have some family photos taken. My mom has been dying for them so we appeased her. After all, you never know when you'll have the chance again! We color-coordinated our crazy bunch and they will hopefully be great! The photog sent over some sneak peeks after and they look great so we are looking forward to seeing the rest!
My sister and I

My mama and her girls
Since we live in the theme park capital of the world, we have annual passes to most of the parks around. These definitely come in handy when friends and family visit, but also just for a date night! I renewed our passes for this upcoming year to Disney and my sweet friend Maddie joined me to celebrate! Love having Disney addicts for friends! We visited Epcot and I tried my very first but definitely not last macaroon! Obsessed to say the least!! The one I got was a specialty for the Flower and Garden Festival, raspberry and dark chocolate! Amazing!

My favorite princess and her beast!

Cogsworth and Lumiere
I love going to Disney on a random weekday! It is a perk for living in this chaotic town! Hoping to persuade my beau to go while he's home! It never gets old!
While I was home, my mom and I watched my nieces while my sister and her hubby attended a wedding! Spending time with the girls is a must while home, I just soak up my time with them! Plus, it gets me my kid fix! We watched Inside Out which is the most creative movie I've seen out of Disney in quite some time! I highly recommend it!
Macie is such a good little patient! Future MD maybe?
It is always good to see my family and visit but there's just something about my home that I've built with my love that I love to come back to. Luckily, B will be home this week and I will be one happy girl! It is true what they say about distance making the heart grow fonder, I miss him but at the same time, our hellos are the best after his long trips!
..xobb

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tropic Like it's Hot!

Oh Florida summers... Goodness, is it hot?! Growing up in Fort Myers, you lived for Disney Original Movie marathons, ice cream, pool day and that rainy 3pm nap. That was life for us! After living in Central Florida for a little bit, I will say there is no better cure my Summer woes except for being in Fort Myers. Don't get me wrong, Mt Dora was beautiful but there is just something about my hometown! This week was the second at the new dermatology job, I'm slowly but surely learning the lingo. I have been in the medical field 10 years, but this specialty has a language all it's own! It's hard to keep your confidence, this position is more hands on involving anesthesia and sutures, but I'll get there! I will say though, I truly despise being the "new girl". Everyone asks the same question, patients and peers are a tad nervous since you're a stranger and all they have to go off of for your experience is your word. It's intimidating but adds to

Slap on a Little Lipstick and Pull Yourself Together!

It's hump day!  Halfway to the weekend, which usually means nothing to me since I work at a restaurant in a massive theme park! However, this weekend I have one of my closest friends coming to visit and I couldn't be more excited!! She was behind the motivation for me to start this blog, so yall be thankful! Heading into work, I wanted to post just a little something! First off, this blog is means more to me than just an outlet to express myself. It is becoming a way of releasing confidence that I've built up within myself in the last few years. I used to be the girl who threw on whatever slightly matched and didn't give a second glance at my roots or makeup! If I put eyeliner on, I would stun my beau at the time! Since then, I've grown to love myself and learn what makes me feel beautiful, now I want to share that knowledge! Quite wise, haha that's literally laughable! But if some person is taking time out of their day to read this, then I must be

I'm Made of Glitter, Water, and Anxiety

So over the last few years I have struggled with admitting and treating my own personal demon of anxiety. I have many friends who have a similar struggle and agree that prior to becoming it's prey, we thought anxiety was a total joke. I mean, when I would witness an anxiety attack I would just think, 'come on, pull it together sister!'. But now that I tend to deal with it on the daily, it is a very real monster. To have your own brain betray you as such is a difficult thing to grasp. Going from a perfectly rational person to trying to prevent anything and everything that could possibly happen, you look at yourself and think 'jeez! What a nutcase!'. Treating my anxiety wasn't an easy task, especially since I began treating mine at the end of a relationship and while being completely alone. It was a daily struggle and I really didn't feel like anyone would understand without being judgemental. I also used substances as my release, we all know I love my wine.