Skip to main content

Blonde and Kind of Lonely

Every love story is beautiful, but this one is my favorite

This will be final post about how B and me got to where we are. You may be thinking, who cares? So what they met when they were 16? Who cares if she made a huge decision and moved to be with him? Well, my answer is simple. I care, this is my blog, and I'll post what I want to! Lol, but in all seriousness, I believe in celebrating each part of your relationship and reflecting on how far you've come. Whether it be three, six, nine months, a year, 10 years or 25.
So, where I left off..Brad comes home telling me about this job on the road. He explains that he's going to leave for "about ten days", come home for "about five". I could tell he was super excited and really wanted it. Who was I to stand in his way? Honestly, I did not think this process was going to go as fast as it did. At the beginning of the week, he put in for the position and by Friday he was on the phone telling everyone about it and how excited he was to start....in two short weeks. I told myself, we can totally do this! Sure, why not?! Truthfully, I was questioning whether I could do this. Alone...in Orlando...by myself... for a while?
As painful as it was, the first few months came and went. I struggled with anxiety (which I didn't think I even could have) and extreme loneliness. Some trips were five days, some were 17, sometimes he was home for all of three and then he was home for what seemed like a month! The biggest bummer was giving up Brad's ticket to a country concert for Brantley Gilbert, he is my celeb hubby! However, my best friend from home came and rescued me so all was well and it made for a fun night! The worst part of being by myself wasn't sleeping alone, eating alone, changing my routine. It was facing myself and the walls I had built. Everyone makes examples of relationships and how they build walls from insecurities, and usually this applies mainly to romantic relationships. No one thinks about their personal relationships with themselves.
The way I worked through my personal battle was by gaining my confidence back. In past relationships, hindrances, and hardships had been hard on me, no more than they are on anyone else, but I have never really dealt with it. I just kept truckin' on! Figured that if I didn't let it bother me then I'd be all good. Would get stronger and not ever have to worry about it. This is so wrong, I can't even explain! I joined a different, more motivating gym after Brad left for a trip and became a gym rat! I made my diet, routine, and most of my lifestyle around working out. Healthy body, healthy mind, healthy thoughts. It worked! When I was upset or mad, I worked out. When I was frustrated and didn't know how to express myself, I drank water and ate a healthy snack. Things really started getting better, my motivation was myself and I had felt better than I ever had! Babe wasn't complaining about it either!
Look at that progress!
You see, when I was tough on me, I became a negative, needy person. It took a toll on our relationship. I had created a tunnel vision that was selfish with every attribute. We had fights and got stronger. The new change really helped in every facet of my life! With a new mindset came positivity, which I believe is contagious!

We started getting excited for my beau to come home instead of dreading his next trip! I still get butterflies to this day on that drive to the airport. I'm a giddy school girl in the cell phone lot! And those first kisses after a long trip, they are like that first weekend all over again. It has been six months since he took this job, in October is our two year anniversary and this year will bring so many more trials and milestones. We have goals separately and together, this is what makes us strong and keeps us working toward achieving them. I couldn't be prouder of my love, he saw opportunity and took it, he helped me through my hard times, and supported me. Your partner isn't just the guy you post on man crush Mondays to flaunt all over social media, he's your home. He points out your negative, he makes you madder than a wasp in a Coke can! But he stands there while you sort yourself out so you can be a better us. I could go on all day, I won't obviously. This is not the end of our story but of course, I'll keep you updated! Thank you for reading my blog and our story. Happy Friday Eve!!!

..xobb

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tropic Like it's Hot!

Oh Florida summers... Goodness, is it hot?! Growing up in Fort Myers, you lived for Disney Original Movie marathons, ice cream, pool day and that rainy 3pm nap. That was life for us! After living in Central Florida for a little bit, I will say there is no better cure my Summer woes except for being in Fort Myers. Don't get me wrong, Mt Dora was beautiful but there is just something about my hometown! This week was the second at the new dermatology job, I'm slowly but surely learning the lingo. I have been in the medical field 10 years, but this specialty has a language all it's own! It's hard to keep your confidence, this position is more hands on involving anesthesia and sutures, but I'll get there! I will say though, I truly despise being the "new girl". Everyone asks the same question, patients and peers are a tad nervous since you're a stranger and all they have to go off of for your experience is your word. It's intimidating but adds to

Slap on a Little Lipstick and Pull Yourself Together!

It's hump day!  Halfway to the weekend, which usually means nothing to me since I work at a restaurant in a massive theme park! However, this weekend I have one of my closest friends coming to visit and I couldn't be more excited!! She was behind the motivation for me to start this blog, so yall be thankful! Heading into work, I wanted to post just a little something! First off, this blog is means more to me than just an outlet to express myself. It is becoming a way of releasing confidence that I've built up within myself in the last few years. I used to be the girl who threw on whatever slightly matched and didn't give a second glance at my roots or makeup! If I put eyeliner on, I would stun my beau at the time! Since then, I've grown to love myself and learn what makes me feel beautiful, now I want to share that knowledge! Quite wise, haha that's literally laughable! But if some person is taking time out of their day to read this, then I must be

I'm Made of Glitter, Water, and Anxiety

So over the last few years I have struggled with admitting and treating my own personal demon of anxiety. I have many friends who have a similar struggle and agree that prior to becoming it's prey, we thought anxiety was a total joke. I mean, when I would witness an anxiety attack I would just think, 'come on, pull it together sister!'. But now that I tend to deal with it on the daily, it is a very real monster. To have your own brain betray you as such is a difficult thing to grasp. Going from a perfectly rational person to trying to prevent anything and everything that could possibly happen, you look at yourself and think 'jeez! What a nutcase!'. Treating my anxiety wasn't an easy task, especially since I began treating mine at the end of a relationship and while being completely alone. It was a daily struggle and I really didn't feel like anyone would understand without being judgemental. I also used substances as my release, we all know I love my wine.