Skip to main content

Toning Ain't Just For Abs

This will be third and final part of the bleaching post!

I hope everything in the last two posts gave some lovely lady a little more knowledge and confidence about doing this at home! This isn't to say that I know everything about doing hair, I am by no means a stylist!! However, if you are a control freak like me and love to do things on your own terms, then you understand the struggle!

Getting bleached is just the first step in getting to the color you desire! Toning is where the end result and final product is decided! After you have stripped the color with the bleach, choose what toner will get you to your dream look! I used Wella T11 and T18 in a 1:1 ratio, it is mixing lightest beige blonde and ice blonde together. I gives me a little look without going platinum and also gives me the texture I love! The following were pins that inspired my look:



 
Toners also require a developer, I used 30 vol. in the Ion brand for sensitive scalps. Remember, bleach is a chemical so after being applied it can leave a sunburn like feeling to your scalp. This developer becomes a lifesaver! After completely washing the bleach out, I towel dry and apply this toner right after. I do not shampoo at all, it may alter the end result! I also pre-mix the toner right before I wash out the bleach! Coloring your hair is all about time and how you use it! It is all a science!! Make sure you follow all the instructions that come with the products, they will give you the best results; the more you dye and learn the more you'll figure out what works best for you!! Don't stress what the color of the toner is!
I was pretty stressed by the time I added toner
After 30-40 minutes of processing, I wash the toner completely out, apply the purple shampoo for even more toning and then the purple conditioner. Purple shampoo comes in a ton of brands but I chose Clairol Shimmer Lights after reading about the benefits and good reviews! Then I use the moisturizing conditioning treatment! Toning is key to your look!! A few days after dying, I tone again to prevent the brassy color from taking over again! Over time, I learned that by conditioning at least once a week and going at least 2 days between shampoos preserved my hair the best!! This may sound corny, but learn what is best for your own hair, it will give you the best results!!!


My hunk and I at Disney

After the second dye

As you can see, the ends were darker but after a second time they lightened a tad! Hope all this rambling helps! Comment with any questions!!

..xobb

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thirty-Onederful!

Today I turned 31, it was a different birthday vibe than I usually have. Typically, I get really into my plans and can't wait for the day to come. Maybe it is because our plans changed drastically suddenly or because of the imminent threat of the hurricane looming in the back of my mind. But today ended up much better than originally anticipated! Of course, I needed the birthday Snapchat filter! Our plans were to go to Croom which is a motocross park ran by the state. The property used to be phosphate mines in Brooksville, it has since been used for motocross celebs and locals for enjoyment. Last minute, literally 5 hours before we were supposed to head north, the boyfriend tells me that due to the pain in the rump hurricane barreling towards the east coast they are closing the park. Talk about blonde emoji facepalm, ugh!! Now, I do not ride a dirt bike, heck I barely have the coordination to walk and chew gum at the same time. But I enjoy disconnecting, hiking, and relaxin...

We Don't Talk About That...

Mental health has never been a "hot topic" or a common dinner conversation, it is usually dusted under the rug and left to fester til another day. Honestly, I'm writing this for my own mental health, rather my sanity. Since this virus took over our lives, being forced to live completely out of the norm has made mental health become a little bit more of a subject but not by much. Being bored and forced to be in the same house almost 24/7 can cause you to focus on things you wouldn't normally think about. This is also true for myself. Up until now, I haven't really discussed with anyone but close friends and family what I have struggled with for a long time. To me, you talk about it and everyone will think you're looney. Well, I'm over it and tired of hiding it so here goes! When I lived in Orlando, I had extremely high anxiety for the first time. I was basically alone full time miles away from my hometown. I tried so desperately to avoid facing what I...

Hey There 2020!

Oh 2019, what a year! I have to admit, this year taught me a ton, left me speechless at times (I know, stunning right?!), and with some gains as well as losses! I learned how to love myself and see who I am alone, I have ended relationships that were overdue to be ended, and I became a stronger coach with Beachbody! I gained a booty thanks to my amazing workout program and learned how to eat properly! 2019 gave me the strength I needed to end a toxic relationship that was disguised as something much different. The year had it's ups and downs, as does every year, but this one in particular helped me learn what I like and where my future goals lie. I experienced things I thought I wanted and realized where I am heading is exactly where I need to be. Now that that's over, reminiscing can be fun but I am ready for a new chapter! Oh 2020, do I have something planned for you! I am entering this year on a very different foot, starting today with organizing my goals and strate...