Skip to main content

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But it Can Buy Makeup!

It's not hoarding if it's makeup!

So, in my usual drugstore search, I discovered a new brand and decided to give some of it's products a go! A few friends and coworkers have suggested it, so I figured why not?! This brand on trial is NYX, it's products: "Pin-Up Tease" mascara, "Push Up Bra" eyebrow pencil, "Super Skinny Marker" liquid liner!

This is my current eye routine:
I use Younique Moonstruck Fiber Lashes, e.l.f. eyebrow kit, and e.l.f. eyeliner "Kohl" pencil. I used to be a presenter for Younique but selling makeup via social networking was just not for me, however, this mascara is amazing! I am almost out and plan on trying their newest mascara. It is also a two part system, gel and fibers, but it supposed to be waterproof! I use this the eyeliner for the inside of the lower lid and and on the outside of the top lid using the smudger on the end. As for the eyebrow kit, it came with this measly, teeny brush, that thing is long gone! I felt like a giant using it, HA! So, I used my teeny concealer brush to apply the gel and the end of my Naked 2 palette brush to apply the powder! Gotta get creative sometimes! Multi-purpose!

 Items on trial:
First, I put the liner to the test! I discovered that where the liquid pen was better on the top lid (duh!), my pencil was better for inside the bottom. I did, however, use the pen the do a mini-line under my lashes for a little pop! Worked out well, I will be keeping both!


Don't mind the wet hair and inexperienced line, I will be practicing the get a smoother, longer line! At first, I put the liquid on bottom. After applying the top, it was gone! So, I followed up with the pencil! Viola! They're officially besties!

Next up, the amazing eyebrow lifter! It has kicked my eyebrow kit's booty right outta the current routine!
It really does give your eyebrows the perfect highlight and bump!
Lastly, the mascara! I hate to admit that this trial ended up with one product going back to drugstore jail! It failed miserably!
If you didn't get the hint when I said I am buying the newest Younique mascara, well, here's your sign! This mascara can be a base for a base if ya know what I mean. It claims to "individualize" your lashes, instead it clumps them all together into skinny groups and makes it difficult to even attempt to separate! I have no time for that kind of lash drama!



After all this testing, I have spent a whole $25 including the newest NYX matte lip cream in Tokyo. I love reds and dark pink lip sticks, especially in matte, but the boyfriend doesn't care for dark on me so I invested in a little lip just for summer and to appease him. Lucky duck, I tell ya!

Hope you all enjoyed my ramblings and have a very happy Easter Sunday!!! I leave you with a finished look and a mushy photo for our outing to Ripley's Believe it Or Not! 

..xobb

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tropic Like it's Hot!

Oh Florida summers... Goodness, is it hot?! Growing up in Fort Myers, you lived for Disney Original Movie marathons, ice cream, pool day and that rainy 3pm nap. That was life for us! After living in Central Florida for a little bit, I will say there is no better cure my Summer woes except for being in Fort Myers. Don't get me wrong, Mt Dora was beautiful but there is just something about my hometown! This week was the second at the new dermatology job, I'm slowly but surely learning the lingo. I have been in the medical field 10 years, but this specialty has a language all it's own! It's hard to keep your confidence, this position is more hands on involving anesthesia and sutures, but I'll get there! I will say though, I truly despise being the "new girl". Everyone asks the same question, patients and peers are a tad nervous since you're a stranger and all they have to go off of for your experience is your word. It's intimidating but adds to

Slap on a Little Lipstick and Pull Yourself Together!

It's hump day!  Halfway to the weekend, which usually means nothing to me since I work at a restaurant in a massive theme park! However, this weekend I have one of my closest friends coming to visit and I couldn't be more excited!! She was behind the motivation for me to start this blog, so yall be thankful! Heading into work, I wanted to post just a little something! First off, this blog is means more to me than just an outlet to express myself. It is becoming a way of releasing confidence that I've built up within myself in the last few years. I used to be the girl who threw on whatever slightly matched and didn't give a second glance at my roots or makeup! If I put eyeliner on, I would stun my beau at the time! Since then, I've grown to love myself and learn what makes me feel beautiful, now I want to share that knowledge! Quite wise, haha that's literally laughable! But if some person is taking time out of their day to read this, then I must be

I'm Made of Glitter, Water, and Anxiety

So over the last few years I have struggled with admitting and treating my own personal demon of anxiety. I have many friends who have a similar struggle and agree that prior to becoming it's prey, we thought anxiety was a total joke. I mean, when I would witness an anxiety attack I would just think, 'come on, pull it together sister!'. But now that I tend to deal with it on the daily, it is a very real monster. To have your own brain betray you as such is a difficult thing to grasp. Going from a perfectly rational person to trying to prevent anything and everything that could possibly happen, you look at yourself and think 'jeez! What a nutcase!'. Treating my anxiety wasn't an easy task, especially since I began treating mine at the end of a relationship and while being completely alone. It was a daily struggle and I really didn't feel like anyone would understand without being judgemental. I also used substances as my release, we all know I love my wine.