Skip to main content

For the Love of Breakfast

Happy hump day! 
 
It's almost noon and I'm still in pj's with my hunk eating a little brunch, I thought I'd share the healthy but yummy recipe I whipped up! 
 
Today babe flies out to SoCal and we are spending the morning relaxing before we have to start adulting! We woke up late and he was craving biscuits and gravy, I love breakfast foods! I don't care if it's 4 in the morning or 11 at night, bring on the biscuits! Recently, I found a biscuits and gravy casserole that I loved and my biggest reason for doing a casserole instead of just making biscuits and gravy is that it's less mess, will hold for more than one day which means less waste! I tweaked this recipe to be healthier since I'm doing my 30-day challenge by using turkey bulk sausage, less salt, and reduced fat milk. I put this in an 8x8 or 9x9 square glass baking dish with a lid so I can store for easy breakfasts throughout the week! 

Ingredients:
  • 16 oz Jenny-O lean ground turkey breakfast sausage 
  • 8 pack Pillsbury Southern Style biscuits, I use the "butter-tastin'" kind
  • 3 cups of reduced fat milk
  • 1/4 cup flour
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp black pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray cooking oil in the bottom of the baking dish, cut biscuits into quarters and layer half on the bottom of the dish, bake for 15 minutes. Cook turkey over medium-high heat until brown. Whisk flour, salt, and pepper together in a small bowl and sprinkle it over the turkey. Mix until absorbed. Stir in milk, keep stirring occasionally until the mixture thickens. This may take about 5-10 minutes. The biscuits should be finished by this time, pour the sausage gravy over the semi-cooked biscuits and layer the top with the rest of the biscuits. Bake for minutes, tops of the biscuits will be golden brown. Allow to sit for 5 minutes then indulge! Sometimes I scramble eggs as well but this plenty by itself as well!

 
..xobb

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thirty-Onederful!

Today I turned 31, it was a different birthday vibe than I usually have. Typically, I get really into my plans and can't wait for the day to come. Maybe it is because our plans changed drastically suddenly or because of the imminent threat of the hurricane looming in the back of my mind. But today ended up much better than originally anticipated! Of course, I needed the birthday Snapchat filter! Our plans were to go to Croom which is a motocross park ran by the state. The property used to be phosphate mines in Brooksville, it has since been used for motocross celebs and locals for enjoyment. Last minute, literally 5 hours before we were supposed to head north, the boyfriend tells me that due to the pain in the rump hurricane barreling towards the east coast they are closing the park. Talk about blonde emoji facepalm, ugh!! Now, I do not ride a dirt bike, heck I barely have the coordination to walk and chew gum at the same time. But I enjoy disconnecting, hiking, and relaxin...

We Don't Talk About That...

Mental health has never been a "hot topic" or a common dinner conversation, it is usually dusted under the rug and left to fester til another day. Honestly, I'm writing this for my own mental health, rather my sanity. Since this virus took over our lives, being forced to live completely out of the norm has made mental health become a little bit more of a subject but not by much. Being bored and forced to be in the same house almost 24/7 can cause you to focus on things you wouldn't normally think about. This is also true for myself. Up until now, I haven't really discussed with anyone but close friends and family what I have struggled with for a long time. To me, you talk about it and everyone will think you're looney. Well, I'm over it and tired of hiding it so here goes! When I lived in Orlando, I had extremely high anxiety for the first time. I was basically alone full time miles away from my hometown. I tried so desperately to avoid facing what I...

Hey There 2020!

Oh 2019, what a year! I have to admit, this year taught me a ton, left me speechless at times (I know, stunning right?!), and with some gains as well as losses! I learned how to love myself and see who I am alone, I have ended relationships that were overdue to be ended, and I became a stronger coach with Beachbody! I gained a booty thanks to my amazing workout program and learned how to eat properly! 2019 gave me the strength I needed to end a toxic relationship that was disguised as something much different. The year had it's ups and downs, as does every year, but this one in particular helped me learn what I like and where my future goals lie. I experienced things I thought I wanted and realized where I am heading is exactly where I need to be. Now that that's over, reminiscing can be fun but I am ready for a new chapter! Oh 2020, do I have something planned for you! I am entering this year on a very different foot, starting today with organizing my goals and strate...