Skip to main content

Pre-Birthday Festivies: Mama & Me

We age not by years but by stories

This weekend I am in my hometown of Fort Myers to begin my birthday festivities with my mom! I am a true mama's girl, she is on speed dial for everything from recipes conversions to total meltdowns. She has been there through everything, the older I get the more she becomes my best friend. I think back to the years of slamming bedroom doors and being scolded for curfews and laugh, I would have never thought that the quotes were so true. Now, I don't really know what I would do without her. This weekend, she planned Saturday brunch at a tea room and we did a little shopping! Exactly what I needed! The tea room was amazing!! My little brother even joined in the fun! The tea room was so sweet! For a couple hours, you get two pots of tea and can have unlimited types, we chose chocolate covered strawberry, strawberry kiwi, and ginger peach. You also do a royal tea with a three tiered tray filled with scones and sandwiches! We have to go do that soon! It has such a sweet southern flair! I was stuffed after my turkey croissant with sweet and tangy raspberry jalapeno jam. We waddled out of there!! I was so happy to find a British tea room near where we live! I want to start doing more thing like this. 
Mom is a title that some take for granted. I'm blessed enough to have mine within arms reach (most of the time) and just a phone call away. Some people aren't so lucky. I want to soak up every moment and memory I can with her. Bradley and a close friend of mine have lost their moms, one more recent than the other, and I cannot imagine losing mine. I often can't find the words to even begin to say sympathize. My mom has been through the craziest events in life, most very unexpected; she was strong through them all and showed me how much courage a true southern woman has. I do not have the mom gene! It has never been in my vocabulary or thought process. But I have some amazing ones in my life, older and younger! I definitely have a ton of respect for those who do it everyday!

My family is quite diverse, to say the least! I am the third of four and my mom is a true southern woman, she hasn't had a drop of alcohol since she was married and you would be stunned to hear something even close to swear word come out of her mouth! I have always had so much respect for her. Spending the weekend with her is just what I need, lately life has been busy and hectic! Mama always knows what's best. 
I have another day to spend with her and some friends, looking forward to relaxing with familiar faces tonight! Hope everyone has a safe weekend with this tropical weather!
..xobb

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tropic Like it's Hot!

Oh Florida summers... Goodness, is it hot?! Growing up in Fort Myers, you lived for Disney Original Movie marathons, ice cream, pool day and that rainy 3pm nap. That was life for us! After living in Central Florida for a little bit, I will say there is no better cure my Summer woes except for being in Fort Myers. Don't get me wrong, Mt Dora was beautiful but there is just something about my hometown! This week was the second at the new dermatology job, I'm slowly but surely learning the lingo. I have been in the medical field 10 years, but this specialty has a language all it's own! It's hard to keep your confidence, this position is more hands on involving anesthesia and sutures, but I'll get there! I will say though, I truly despise being the "new girl". Everyone asks the same question, patients and peers are a tad nervous since you're a stranger and all they have to go off of for your experience is your word. It's intimidating but adds to

Slap on a Little Lipstick and Pull Yourself Together!

It's hump day!  Halfway to the weekend, which usually means nothing to me since I work at a restaurant in a massive theme park! However, this weekend I have one of my closest friends coming to visit and I couldn't be more excited!! She was behind the motivation for me to start this blog, so yall be thankful! Heading into work, I wanted to post just a little something! First off, this blog is means more to me than just an outlet to express myself. It is becoming a way of releasing confidence that I've built up within myself in the last few years. I used to be the girl who threw on whatever slightly matched and didn't give a second glance at my roots or makeup! If I put eyeliner on, I would stun my beau at the time! Since then, I've grown to love myself and learn what makes me feel beautiful, now I want to share that knowledge! Quite wise, haha that's literally laughable! But if some person is taking time out of their day to read this, then I must be

I'm Made of Glitter, Water, and Anxiety

So over the last few years I have struggled with admitting and treating my own personal demon of anxiety. I have many friends who have a similar struggle and agree that prior to becoming it's prey, we thought anxiety was a total joke. I mean, when I would witness an anxiety attack I would just think, 'come on, pull it together sister!'. But now that I tend to deal with it on the daily, it is a very real monster. To have your own brain betray you as such is a difficult thing to grasp. Going from a perfectly rational person to trying to prevent anything and everything that could possibly happen, you look at yourself and think 'jeez! What a nutcase!'. Treating my anxiety wasn't an easy task, especially since I began treating mine at the end of a relationship and while being completely alone. It was a daily struggle and I really didn't feel like anyone would understand without being judgemental. I also used substances as my release, we all know I love my wine.