Skip to main content

It's Raining, It's Pouring...

It's a gross, rainy, gray, ugly, and boring Sunday! I'm feeling a bit stir-crazy so of course, I sought out my Pinterest as usual! Looking through the fitness section, I stumbled upon this at-home ab workout. I figured why the heck not!!
The one thing I despise about at-home workouts is the assumption that you have free weights or a workout ball handy. Not so much in my case or probably everyone else's. This is one of the few without that being necessary. I definitely broke a good sweat and felt it in my core!
 I haven't done a workout involving timing instead of reps but it definitely whooped my behind!! A post-workout banana and huge glass of water was necessary!!! I love how this took a little bit of time and took my mind off the boredom. The one part of fitness people forget about is how relaxing and tension relieving it can be! With all this house insanity, I really need as much relaxation as I can get!
I saw a post recently on a fitness motivation social media account that alcohol is the most abused form of therapy and exercising is the most underused form. How true is that! After a good workout, things are clearer and better focused, ready for the day or week in this instance. Hopefully y'all try this and feel a little better, especially if you are stuck inside on this Sunday!

..xobb

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thirty-Onederful!

Today I turned 31, it was a different birthday vibe than I usually have. Typically, I get really into my plans and can't wait for the day to come. Maybe it is because our plans changed drastically suddenly or because of the imminent threat of the hurricane looming in the back of my mind. But today ended up much better than originally anticipated! Of course, I needed the birthday Snapchat filter! Our plans were to go to Croom which is a motocross park ran by the state. The property used to be phosphate mines in Brooksville, it has since been used for motocross celebs and locals for enjoyment. Last minute, literally 5 hours before we were supposed to head north, the boyfriend tells me that due to the pain in the rump hurricane barreling towards the east coast they are closing the park. Talk about blonde emoji facepalm, ugh!! Now, I do not ride a dirt bike, heck I barely have the coordination to walk and chew gum at the same time. But I enjoy disconnecting, hiking, and relaxin...

We Don't Talk About That...

Mental health has never been a "hot topic" or a common dinner conversation, it is usually dusted under the rug and left to fester til another day. Honestly, I'm writing this for my own mental health, rather my sanity. Since this virus took over our lives, being forced to live completely out of the norm has made mental health become a little bit more of a subject but not by much. Being bored and forced to be in the same house almost 24/7 can cause you to focus on things you wouldn't normally think about. This is also true for myself. Up until now, I haven't really discussed with anyone but close friends and family what I have struggled with for a long time. To me, you talk about it and everyone will think you're looney. Well, I'm over it and tired of hiding it so here goes! When I lived in Orlando, I had extremely high anxiety for the first time. I was basically alone full time miles away from my hometown. I tried so desperately to avoid facing what I...

Hey There 2020!

Oh 2019, what a year! I have to admit, this year taught me a ton, left me speechless at times (I know, stunning right?!), and with some gains as well as losses! I learned how to love myself and see who I am alone, I have ended relationships that were overdue to be ended, and I became a stronger coach with Beachbody! I gained a booty thanks to my amazing workout program and learned how to eat properly! 2019 gave me the strength I needed to end a toxic relationship that was disguised as something much different. The year had it's ups and downs, as does every year, but this one in particular helped me learn what I like and where my future goals lie. I experienced things I thought I wanted and realized where I am heading is exactly where I need to be. Now that that's over, reminiscing can be fun but I am ready for a new chapter! Oh 2020, do I have something planned for you! I am entering this year on a very different foot, starting today with organizing my goals and strate...