Skip to main content

And My Favorite of These...Breakfast!

The only BS I need in my life is breakfast and squats!

Recently while on my usual Pinterest peruse, I stumbled upon breakfast prepping. Now, I am NOT a morning person. In fact, I'm stunned I've gone this long at my new job without being late! Sad, but true! Even though I don't care for the anthem of the alarm clocks, I absolutely love breakfast foods! Pancakes, omelets, bacon (duh!), and of course, COFFEE!!! However, I've been severely lacking in that meal time due to the 5am wake up time so I decided that I would try this breakfast prep for the next two weeks! I'm super excited!!
Will be me tonight!!
The pin about breakfast was the basis for my prep but I tweaked it a bit to make it my own! One thing I didn't change was the idea to do this in these awesome new "Reynolds" microwavable to go containers! My name is already on it, literally!
Found in the tupperware aisle for under $3!
The ingredients in this prep are clean, inexpensive and will maintain until you heat and eat 'em!
  • 3lbs of red petite potatoes
  • 1 bag of turkey sausage crumbles (I used Jimmy Dean's)
  • 9 large eggs
  • 1 cup of Mexican cheese
  • 1/2 cup of salsa 
Alright let's get this going! So preheat your oven to a 400 degrees while you cut your red potatoes into 1" cubes. Make sure you wash those babies! Toss those cubes into a baking dish and toss with olive oil, I use Pam Olive Oil Spray so they are evenly coated!
 Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, toss again, then finish cooking them for 20 more minutes. Keep in mind that you will be reheating these during the week prior to eating so if they are 100% done, that's okay!

Next, I layer the turkey sausage crumbles. I do not measure out how much I do in each container, eye ball it! You know how much you'll want!

Then ya got your eggs! Let me tell ya, this is the first time I've ever scrambled and cooked 9 eggs at one time! I added about 1/4 cup of water for extra fluff, normally I would do milk but i didn't know how it would hold. As I eat these this week, I'll tweak it if it needs it. Do not overcooked the eggs, you want them a little underdone. May look gross but again, you will be reheating!! Do you really want overdone, chewy eggs?
I love Mexican food, all of it! I also love adding it to anything regardless of what it is! A little extra favor! So add topped my eggs with some salsa!
What I love so much about recipes is making them your own! Add avocado, sour cream, peppers, onions, whatever! Take a recipe and use it as a guide, go from there!
Sprinkle some cheese on these things and you are done! Less than an hour to make and will probably take about 30 minutes off of your morning routine! Per Pinterest, it is recommended to reheat these for 30-45 seconds depending on how done you want them.

All done and good to go! I'm seriously so excited to try these in the morning! Ha! I enjoy being prepared for the week. Planning ahead will make my morning easier, keep me full throughout the morning, keep my BG numbers steady, and help me stay on my fitness track! If you try this and add your own flare, comment and let me know!! I love new things!
..xobb

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tropic Like it's Hot!

Oh Florida summers... Goodness, is it hot?! Growing up in Fort Myers, you lived for Disney Original Movie marathons, ice cream, pool day and that rainy 3pm nap. That was life for us! After living in Central Florida for a little bit, I will say there is no better cure my Summer woes except for being in Fort Myers. Don't get me wrong, Mt Dora was beautiful but there is just something about my hometown! This week was the second at the new dermatology job, I'm slowly but surely learning the lingo. I have been in the medical field 10 years, but this specialty has a language all it's own! It's hard to keep your confidence, this position is more hands on involving anesthesia and sutures, but I'll get there! I will say though, I truly despise being the "new girl". Everyone asks the same question, patients and peers are a tad nervous since you're a stranger and all they have to go off of for your experience is your word. It's intimidating but adds to

Slap on a Little Lipstick and Pull Yourself Together!

It's hump day!  Halfway to the weekend, which usually means nothing to me since I work at a restaurant in a massive theme park! However, this weekend I have one of my closest friends coming to visit and I couldn't be more excited!! She was behind the motivation for me to start this blog, so yall be thankful! Heading into work, I wanted to post just a little something! First off, this blog is means more to me than just an outlet to express myself. It is becoming a way of releasing confidence that I've built up within myself in the last few years. I used to be the girl who threw on whatever slightly matched and didn't give a second glance at my roots or makeup! If I put eyeliner on, I would stun my beau at the time! Since then, I've grown to love myself and learn what makes me feel beautiful, now I want to share that knowledge! Quite wise, haha that's literally laughable! But if some person is taking time out of their day to read this, then I must be

I'm Made of Glitter, Water, and Anxiety

So over the last few years I have struggled with admitting and treating my own personal demon of anxiety. I have many friends who have a similar struggle and agree that prior to becoming it's prey, we thought anxiety was a total joke. I mean, when I would witness an anxiety attack I would just think, 'come on, pull it together sister!'. But now that I tend to deal with it on the daily, it is a very real monster. To have your own brain betray you as such is a difficult thing to grasp. Going from a perfectly rational person to trying to prevent anything and everything that could possibly happen, you look at yourself and think 'jeez! What a nutcase!'. Treating my anxiety wasn't an easy task, especially since I began treating mine at the end of a relationship and while being completely alone. It was a daily struggle and I really didn't feel like anyone would understand without being judgemental. I also used substances as my release, we all know I love my wine.