Skip to main content

Healthy Eats, Yummy Treats

The way to a man's heart is through his stomach!

In our house, I tend to cook the same ole dishes and sometimes it gets a little bland. My sweet man, bless his heart, will eat almost anything I make for him and being that he's really picky, that says alot!! As a blogger, I love to read cooking blogs!! Normally, I find them through Pinterest and my eyes are almost always bigger than my stomach! I have a tendency to bite off more than I can chew, ha! The recipe that I am going to share is healthy but taste like it's a cheat!

The first recipe is a stuffed pepper recipe that I snagged from Skinnytaste! This blog has blown the lid off the blog world and has become a household name, quite successful!! Basically, Mrs.Gina takes recipes and puts a healthy twist on them without losing flavor! That's my kind of eats!

Turkey Stuffed Peppers:
  • Shopping list:
    • 1 lb lean ground turkey
    • 1 garlic, minced
    • 1/4 onion, minced
    • 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
    • 1 tsp garlic powder
    • 1 tsp cumin powder
    • salt to taste
    • 3 large sweet red bell peppers, washed
    • 1 cup fat free chicken broth
    • 1/4 cup tomato sauce
    • 1 1/2 cups cooked rice
    • Olive oil spray
    • 1/4 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese 

    • Directions:

      Heat oven to 400°. Spray a little olive oil spray in a medium size saute pan and heat on a medium flame. Add onion, garlic and cilantro to the pan. Saute about 2 minutes and add ground turkey. Season with salt and garlic powder, and cumin and brown meat for several minutes until meat is completely cooked through. Add 1/4 cup of tomato sauce and 1/2 cup of chicken broth, mix well and simmer on low for about 5 minutes. Combine cooked rice and meat together.
      Cut the bell peppers in half lengthwise, and remove all seeds. Place in a baking dish. Spoon the meat mixture into each pepper half and fill it with as much as you can. Place all stuffed pepper halves on the baking dish and pour the remainder of the chicken broth on the bottom of the pan. Cover tight with aluminum foil and bake for about 35 minutes. Top with shredded cheddar cheese and enjoy.

      Read more at http://www.skinnytaste.com/turkey-stuffed-peppers-45-pts/#pQXG26YvHLYhess5.99
      The good part of this yumminess: 185 calories, only 20 grams of carbs (t1d friendly, yay!!), 2 grams of fat and loaded with protein at 21 grams!!

       


      My babe is not a fan of peppers so I make extra filling and he uses it with lettuce cups, similar to the PF Changs dish. Since he is picky about some things and I love everything, I tend to tweak recipes so he can enjoy them too!














       
      Hope you try these and tell me how much you enjoy them!!

      ..xobb

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thirty-Onederful!

Today I turned 31, it was a different birthday vibe than I usually have. Typically, I get really into my plans and can't wait for the day to come. Maybe it is because our plans changed drastically suddenly or because of the imminent threat of the hurricane looming in the back of my mind. But today ended up much better than originally anticipated! Of course, I needed the birthday Snapchat filter! Our plans were to go to Croom which is a motocross park ran by the state. The property used to be phosphate mines in Brooksville, it has since been used for motocross celebs and locals for enjoyment. Last minute, literally 5 hours before we were supposed to head north, the boyfriend tells me that due to the pain in the rump hurricane barreling towards the east coast they are closing the park. Talk about blonde emoji facepalm, ugh!! Now, I do not ride a dirt bike, heck I barely have the coordination to walk and chew gum at the same time. But I enjoy disconnecting, hiking, and relaxin...

We Don't Talk About That...

Mental health has never been a "hot topic" or a common dinner conversation, it is usually dusted under the rug and left to fester til another day. Honestly, I'm writing this for my own mental health, rather my sanity. Since this virus took over our lives, being forced to live completely out of the norm has made mental health become a little bit more of a subject but not by much. Being bored and forced to be in the same house almost 24/7 can cause you to focus on things you wouldn't normally think about. This is also true for myself. Up until now, I haven't really discussed with anyone but close friends and family what I have struggled with for a long time. To me, you talk about it and everyone will think you're looney. Well, I'm over it and tired of hiding it so here goes! When I lived in Orlando, I had extremely high anxiety for the first time. I was basically alone full time miles away from my hometown. I tried so desperately to avoid facing what I...

Hey There 2020!

Oh 2019, what a year! I have to admit, this year taught me a ton, left me speechless at times (I know, stunning right?!), and with some gains as well as losses! I learned how to love myself and see who I am alone, I have ended relationships that were overdue to be ended, and I became a stronger coach with Beachbody! I gained a booty thanks to my amazing workout program and learned how to eat properly! 2019 gave me the strength I needed to end a toxic relationship that was disguised as something much different. The year had it's ups and downs, as does every year, but this one in particular helped me learn what I like and where my future goals lie. I experienced things I thought I wanted and realized where I am heading is exactly where I need to be. Now that that's over, reminiscing can be fun but I am ready for a new chapter! Oh 2020, do I have something planned for you! I am entering this year on a very different foot, starting today with organizing my goals and strate...