Skip to main content

Blonde Moments

Happy Friday!! 

Wednesday afternoon, I arrived in Jacksonville to see my honey while he works on another store opening for his company. Luckily, this store is only about two and a half hours from where we live so I was able to come see him on my day off! 

While I am waiting for him to get off,  I realize some things. He and a friend of his who helped him get on the team have only been doing this working-away-from-home lifestyle for about 3 months now. It hasn't been the easiest of transitions for me but we've survived and gotten stronger, each trip gets easier. I have come to learn about the other guys on this team through him and come to find that most of them are single. I realize as I think about all this that not every couple can survive this kind of lifestyle. It makes me proud and scared for us. Proud because we have grown together during all this, but scared because I know that there are always insecurities lurking around the corner. I am so proud of babe for all the hard work he does on the job to get these stores ready for grand openings and for helping me through all of this. I am not the best at changes, actually, I'm probably the absolute worst! Not even going to try to sugarcoat that one! God definitely sends us people that will help us through the hardest times in the way we need them to, not the way we want them to. I got to witness all the blood, sweat, and muscle that goes into an average work day for him. I believe that a girlfriend/wife should be able to do what I got to do; see what their guy does for work, it was very eye-opening!!

Thankfully, I have a man who is focused on creating a better life for us and supports me no matter what. He may not be the most sappy, romantic man in the world but he's the kind of man who will work hard for me and for the little family we have become. I think I'll keep him around! Now, this post has been pretty sappy. Hey I'm a girl! You can't blame me, that's my excuse! It is okay to dote every now and again! 
 ..xobb

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thirty-Onederful!

Today I turned 31, it was a different birthday vibe than I usually have. Typically, I get really into my plans and can't wait for the day to come. Maybe it is because our plans changed drastically suddenly or because of the imminent threat of the hurricane looming in the back of my mind. But today ended up much better than originally anticipated! Of course, I needed the birthday Snapchat filter! Our plans were to go to Croom which is a motocross park ran by the state. The property used to be phosphate mines in Brooksville, it has since been used for motocross celebs and locals for enjoyment. Last minute, literally 5 hours before we were supposed to head north, the boyfriend tells me that due to the pain in the rump hurricane barreling towards the east coast they are closing the park. Talk about blonde emoji facepalm, ugh!! Now, I do not ride a dirt bike, heck I barely have the coordination to walk and chew gum at the same time. But I enjoy disconnecting, hiking, and relaxin...

We Don't Talk About That...

Mental health has never been a "hot topic" or a common dinner conversation, it is usually dusted under the rug and left to fester til another day. Honestly, I'm writing this for my own mental health, rather my sanity. Since this virus took over our lives, being forced to live completely out of the norm has made mental health become a little bit more of a subject but not by much. Being bored and forced to be in the same house almost 24/7 can cause you to focus on things you wouldn't normally think about. This is also true for myself. Up until now, I haven't really discussed with anyone but close friends and family what I have struggled with for a long time. To me, you talk about it and everyone will think you're looney. Well, I'm over it and tired of hiding it so here goes! When I lived in Orlando, I had extremely high anxiety for the first time. I was basically alone full time miles away from my hometown. I tried so desperately to avoid facing what I...

Hey There 2020!

Oh 2019, what a year! I have to admit, this year taught me a ton, left me speechless at times (I know, stunning right?!), and with some gains as well as losses! I learned how to love myself and see who I am alone, I have ended relationships that were overdue to be ended, and I became a stronger coach with Beachbody! I gained a booty thanks to my amazing workout program and learned how to eat properly! 2019 gave me the strength I needed to end a toxic relationship that was disguised as something much different. The year had it's ups and downs, as does every year, but this one in particular helped me learn what I like and where my future goals lie. I experienced things I thought I wanted and realized where I am heading is exactly where I need to be. Now that that's over, reminiscing can be fun but I am ready for a new chapter! Oh 2020, do I have something planned for you! I am entering this year on a very different foot, starting today with organizing my goals and strate...