Skip to main content

Thirty, flirty, and thriving

Written with a glass of vino in hand and Netflix on the TV. While looking for something to watch to pass the time until Michael gets off shift and I go into work tomorrow, I find 13 Going on 30.

In less than 2 months, I'll be entering the last years of my 20s. When I pictured this time in my head about 10 years ago, it looked completely different. Now mind you, I have lived and learned more than most people that I know. I almost completed nursing school until the diagnosis of diabetes, I have had more unique family drama which has taught me a lot, I have had a variety of relationships which has taught me how to be appreciative for the current one that I am in.

However, I did not realize that I would be where I am less than two months of my 29th birthday. So where should I be? This is the question that I have been asking myself for the last couple of months. Should I be a career head honcho? Should I be a mom with children? Should I be content? Only time will tell. However, I feel like as I continue on into my 30s things will make more sense. It has been a tough 2017. I pray that my 29th year brings me something a little closer to clarity.

Goodnight and Happy Hump Day!

..xobb

posted from Bloggeroid

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Growth, Perspective, and Silence

"Some days, I can conquer the world. Other days, it takes me three hours to convince myself to shower"- the perfect Pinterest quote! This 27th year has been one of growth and reflection. I truly thought looking at 27 year-old people then that by the time I had reached this point that I would be an independent, sexy, confident woman with this spectacular job and a hardworking stud by my side! Some of this came true, but not much! I've got the stud, that's about it! That being said, I came into this year thinking that I knew who I was, where I was heading and that I had a great man to share it all with. One thing that people normally won't tell you is that when your relationship becomes committed and you're around the other person practically 24/7, they begin to see your flaws and, if you're as lucky as I am, they begin to help you become a better person. One thing that anyone who knows us will tell you is that when you meet the beau and I for the first ti...

Hey There 2020!

Oh 2019, what a year! I have to admit, this year taught me a ton, left me speechless at times (I know, stunning right?!), and with some gains as well as losses! I learned how to love myself and see who I am alone, I have ended relationships that were overdue to be ended, and I became a stronger coach with Beachbody! I gained a booty thanks to my amazing workout program and learned how to eat properly! 2019 gave me the strength I needed to end a toxic relationship that was disguised as something much different. The year had it's ups and downs, as does every year, but this one in particular helped me learn what I like and where my future goals lie. I experienced things I thought I wanted and realized where I am heading is exactly where I need to be. Now that that's over, reminiscing can be fun but I am ready for a new chapter! Oh 2020, do I have something planned for you! I am entering this year on a very different foot, starting today with organizing my goals and strate...

The Budgeted Blonde, MD-DNP

Happy Friday Eve!! Finally, it's my weekend! In celebration, I treated myself to my favorite Mexican, glass of Apothic, and catching up on the DVR. Recently, I heard a commercial on Pandora for a new medical drama on NBC, Heartbeat. Normally, I am really skeptic of these since I have a medical background, am working toward a medical career and they can sometimes be unrealistic! I worked for 5 years in a medical office in my hometown, during the time I specialized in OB/GYN, pediatrics, internal medicine, and phlebotomy. With this, I have always tried but failed to become obsessed with any medical drama. I recorded this show on a whim, especially since they described the main character to be a surgeon who plays by her own rules, my kind of girl!! Watching this pilot, I slowly fell in love with this character; her sass and wittiness is similar to mine so it wasn't really that difficult, plus she's also a blonde!! The first episode was (SPOILER ALERT) her separa...