Skip to main content

I Stand With Him...Always

Happy Election Day 2016!! Folks, I know we are all MORE than ready for the obnoxious ads and memes to disappear, only to be replaced by ads and memes negatively directed towards our new president. I will not attempt to publicize who I am voting for, it's not anyone's business but mine...and my significant other. Gotcha there, don't I?

This post was inspired by a few posts I saw this morning on my social media, couples who are not united in their decision. Honestly, I can't imagine being in a relationship where one stands for opposing beliefs. Brad and I had a tiff about Trump at the very beginning of this election season. I felt he was rude and obnoxious, but had good points and arguments. I just felt as if our president should be classy and know how to say things, similar to President George W Bush. After heated discussion, we came to our decision. He didn't demand that I vote for whoever, give me ultimatums, or degrade me for my opinions, but he educated me in his own way. A couple should be united in many things, most importantly their choice to serve the Lord with their relationship, but also to agree on issues that largely impact on their future. We are southern in our ways, therefore, we are traditional in our beliefs and how we "run" our relationship. Many things we believe would make most feminists and liberals go crazy! But, at the end of the day, our choices are made in an educated manner.
To be against the most significant person in your life is fatal! Bradley is not quiet in the least about his choices and principles. I respect him greatly for it and have learned to stand more confidently on my own due to him. We made our voting decisions together, we consulted each other on the other important issues that will also be voted on today, and we have confidence that what will happen in the end is ultimately Christ's plan. Not our own. We can rig elections all we want but at the end of the day, His will will be done. I prayed about this, prayed for our country and our future president and trust that the Lord will do what is right by His people. This is all we can do in the grand scheme of things.
I believe through Christ that you should always support and respect your mate. You should remain by their side and support, not belittle in their thoughts. God gave you your person for many reasons, but first and foremost, He gave them to you to see things you can't see at times and to guide you in your life together. Not drag, not demand, but to lead and be respected. Disagree as some may, but a relationship in Christ is stronger than any other. I love our relationship and trust Christ in the doors He has opened and closed for us. I vow to stand beside Brad no matter what, no matter how difficult it becomes and he does the same for me. United we stand in Christ.
Pray for your country today, pray for our leaders, and pray for the future. God bless America!

..xobb

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tropic Like it's Hot!

Oh Florida summers... Goodness, is it hot?! Growing up in Fort Myers, you lived for Disney Original Movie marathons, ice cream, pool day and that rainy 3pm nap. That was life for us! After living in Central Florida for a little bit, I will say there is no better cure my Summer woes except for being in Fort Myers. Don't get me wrong, Mt Dora was beautiful but there is just something about my hometown! This week was the second at the new dermatology job, I'm slowly but surely learning the lingo. I have been in the medical field 10 years, but this specialty has a language all it's own! It's hard to keep your confidence, this position is more hands on involving anesthesia and sutures, but I'll get there! I will say though, I truly despise being the "new girl". Everyone asks the same question, patients and peers are a tad nervous since you're a stranger and all they have to go off of for your experience is your word. It's intimidating but adds to

Slap on a Little Lipstick and Pull Yourself Together!

It's hump day!  Halfway to the weekend, which usually means nothing to me since I work at a restaurant in a massive theme park! However, this weekend I have one of my closest friends coming to visit and I couldn't be more excited!! She was behind the motivation for me to start this blog, so yall be thankful! Heading into work, I wanted to post just a little something! First off, this blog is means more to me than just an outlet to express myself. It is becoming a way of releasing confidence that I've built up within myself in the last few years. I used to be the girl who threw on whatever slightly matched and didn't give a second glance at my roots or makeup! If I put eyeliner on, I would stun my beau at the time! Since then, I've grown to love myself and learn what makes me feel beautiful, now I want to share that knowledge! Quite wise, haha that's literally laughable! But if some person is taking time out of their day to read this, then I must be

I'm Made of Glitter, Water, and Anxiety

So over the last few years I have struggled with admitting and treating my own personal demon of anxiety. I have many friends who have a similar struggle and agree that prior to becoming it's prey, we thought anxiety was a total joke. I mean, when I would witness an anxiety attack I would just think, 'come on, pull it together sister!'. But now that I tend to deal with it on the daily, it is a very real monster. To have your own brain betray you as such is a difficult thing to grasp. Going from a perfectly rational person to trying to prevent anything and everything that could possibly happen, you look at yourself and think 'jeez! What a nutcase!'. Treating my anxiety wasn't an easy task, especially since I began treating mine at the end of a relationship and while being completely alone. It was a daily struggle and I really didn't feel like anyone would understand without being judgemental. I also used substances as my release, we all know I love my wine.