Skip to main content

Listen Louder, Talk Quieter

Today I ventured out of the house for the first time all weekend and went to Trimble Park, one of the state parks associated with big Lake Apopka. It is absolutely gorgeous and tranquil, couldn't believe I didn't do it sooner.

Since Bradley took this position, I've been a little apprehensive about going out on my own. I really wanted to do things besides watch Friends reruns but I was honestly scared to. I am proud of myself for doing this today. It may seem like such a measly step to some but for me, it's huge. Luckily, I live for my own opinions and not others. It is definitely a difficult feat to step out of your comfort zone. To go from always relying on your mate for everything and suddenly, you have to be independent. But I've achieved so much in the last two years as far as branching out. People may not understand it, but frankly, it is not for them to.

I have always been a very social person, always jabbering on and never really thinking of the big picture. The older I get, the more observant I become, and the more I've learned that some times it is okay to be different and I've learned more about myself than I ever thought I would. With Brad's help, I've gained a new perspective. I no longer feel the need for approval and I feel confident in the decisions I've made. A year ago, I felt thst had to be with people, now I have come to find I don't really find much in common with such people.

During these last two weeks, I've traveled to Gainesville to watch my favorite team play with a friend and learned that I should rely on my instincts more. I am always so concerned about what people think and to be honest, it has made me dependent on society. As I am blogging this, I'm sitting next to the lake and listening to the animals that call this place home. They don't care about how many people read this, they won't see my photos and hope they get likes. I am in their home, I am a guest here.

I guess all this rambling simply comes down to this, in this temporary home we live in I want to make the best of every day and experience the most I can. I vow to myself to continue to grow and step out of my comfort zone, to better myself. I vow to Christ to remember the blessings He's given me and to continue to look to Him during all times, not just the hard ones. I vow to Brad to continue to be his support system and have our future in mind. I vow to my family to value our time because tomorrow is never promised. I guess I just realized that I haven't really been living. Thankfully for me, it isn't too late to begin. This next year holds so much promise for me and for us, I can't wait!

posted from Bloggeroid

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thirty-Onederful!

Today I turned 31, it was a different birthday vibe than I usually have. Typically, I get really into my plans and can't wait for the day to come. Maybe it is because our plans changed drastically suddenly or because of the imminent threat of the hurricane looming in the back of my mind. But today ended up much better than originally anticipated! Of course, I needed the birthday Snapchat filter! Our plans were to go to Croom which is a motocross park ran by the state. The property used to be phosphate mines in Brooksville, it has since been used for motocross celebs and locals for enjoyment. Last minute, literally 5 hours before we were supposed to head north, the boyfriend tells me that due to the pain in the rump hurricane barreling towards the east coast they are closing the park. Talk about blonde emoji facepalm, ugh!! Now, I do not ride a dirt bike, heck I barely have the coordination to walk and chew gum at the same time. But I enjoy disconnecting, hiking, and relaxin...

We Don't Talk About That...

Mental health has never been a "hot topic" or a common dinner conversation, it is usually dusted under the rug and left to fester til another day. Honestly, I'm writing this for my own mental health, rather my sanity. Since this virus took over our lives, being forced to live completely out of the norm has made mental health become a little bit more of a subject but not by much. Being bored and forced to be in the same house almost 24/7 can cause you to focus on things you wouldn't normally think about. This is also true for myself. Up until now, I haven't really discussed with anyone but close friends and family what I have struggled with for a long time. To me, you talk about it and everyone will think you're looney. Well, I'm over it and tired of hiding it so here goes! When I lived in Orlando, I had extremely high anxiety for the first time. I was basically alone full time miles away from my hometown. I tried so desperately to avoid facing what I...

Hey There 2020!

Oh 2019, what a year! I have to admit, this year taught me a ton, left me speechless at times (I know, stunning right?!), and with some gains as well as losses! I learned how to love myself and see who I am alone, I have ended relationships that were overdue to be ended, and I became a stronger coach with Beachbody! I gained a booty thanks to my amazing workout program and learned how to eat properly! 2019 gave me the strength I needed to end a toxic relationship that was disguised as something much different. The year had it's ups and downs, as does every year, but this one in particular helped me learn what I like and where my future goals lie. I experienced things I thought I wanted and realized where I am heading is exactly where I need to be. Now that that's over, reminiscing can be fun but I am ready for a new chapter! Oh 2020, do I have something planned for you! I am entering this year on a very different foot, starting today with organizing my goals and strate...