Skip to main content

Caffienated and ready to go!

Before coffee, I'm a hot mess. After coffee, I'm a wide awake hot mess. So that's that!

It's Saturday, which means a variety of things. For most working persons, it's' the beginning of the weekend, a day to tan and day drink. For some, it's a day to unwind with family. For others, a day for work. For me, it's another day to study and prepare for this test I have on Monday.

I am a bit gun shy since the last medical exam I took; I failed by one question and watched all I had worked hard for in 16 months, just 3 months shy of graduation, fall out from beneath me. If you have ever taken any type of medical certification exam, you know about those annoying, pain in the rump questions with two answers that could be correct. There's the one that is right but another that is MORE right. Shoot me now, I am the percent of individuals who always pick the yea-it-could-be-right-but-it's-not. Being really nervous about all this forced me to face my fears and gain confidence in the material. I've studied more in the last two weeks than I have in since nursing school. I want this too badly to be lax and let it pass me by.
I hate to admit this but I've gotten lazy with my education and moving forward in my career. Mainly, due to fear and making excuses. I'm happy to say that I've woken up with help from my amazing support system . I am making progress again, taking a bazillion practice tests, and gaining confidence in the material. I cannot wait to PASS and be able to start this new career! It's painful to see what my actions caused in those I love but instead of excessively apologizing, I am going to fix my crown and trudge on!

Lately, I haven't posted much about makeup and how to's, I'm more focused on this test! But, I will get back into it after I ace this on Monday! Short but sweet and to the point!
..xobb

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thirty-Onederful!

Today I turned 31, it was a different birthday vibe than I usually have. Typically, I get really into my plans and can't wait for the day to come. Maybe it is because our plans changed drastically suddenly or because of the imminent threat of the hurricane looming in the back of my mind. But today ended up much better than originally anticipated! Of course, I needed the birthday Snapchat filter! Our plans were to go to Croom which is a motocross park ran by the state. The property used to be phosphate mines in Brooksville, it has since been used for motocross celebs and locals for enjoyment. Last minute, literally 5 hours before we were supposed to head north, the boyfriend tells me that due to the pain in the rump hurricane barreling towards the east coast they are closing the park. Talk about blonde emoji facepalm, ugh!! Now, I do not ride a dirt bike, heck I barely have the coordination to walk and chew gum at the same time. But I enjoy disconnecting, hiking, and relaxin...

We Don't Talk About That...

Mental health has never been a "hot topic" or a common dinner conversation, it is usually dusted under the rug and left to fester til another day. Honestly, I'm writing this for my own mental health, rather my sanity. Since this virus took over our lives, being forced to live completely out of the norm has made mental health become a little bit more of a subject but not by much. Being bored and forced to be in the same house almost 24/7 can cause you to focus on things you wouldn't normally think about. This is also true for myself. Up until now, I haven't really discussed with anyone but close friends and family what I have struggled with for a long time. To me, you talk about it and everyone will think you're looney. Well, I'm over it and tired of hiding it so here goes! When I lived in Orlando, I had extremely high anxiety for the first time. I was basically alone full time miles away from my hometown. I tried so desperately to avoid facing what I...

Hey There 2020!

Oh 2019, what a year! I have to admit, this year taught me a ton, left me speechless at times (I know, stunning right?!), and with some gains as well as losses! I learned how to love myself and see who I am alone, I have ended relationships that were overdue to be ended, and I became a stronger coach with Beachbody! I gained a booty thanks to my amazing workout program and learned how to eat properly! 2019 gave me the strength I needed to end a toxic relationship that was disguised as something much different. The year had it's ups and downs, as does every year, but this one in particular helped me learn what I like and where my future goals lie. I experienced things I thought I wanted and realized where I am heading is exactly where I need to be. Now that that's over, reminiscing can be fun but I am ready for a new chapter! Oh 2020, do I have something planned for you! I am entering this year on a very different foot, starting today with organizing my goals and strate...