Skip to main content

Invest in Your Face

During my time as a medical assistant for FHMG (the empire of healthcare in the Central Florida area), I have met some VERY interesting characters. There's the funny patients who make you laugh, the sweet old couple who you can't help but ask how they've made it 60+ years, and the flawless glam gal who wear peep toe pump on the daily as you look disgustingly at your matchy scrub attire. But then there's that lady who you call from the waiting room and second glance at her birth date to make sure you have the right person, how does she look so young!?!

This lady was super sweet, donned simple makeup with a cute outfit and says she is 75, yeah and I'm 18! I ask her what her tips are on skincare and what she does to look so young, her advice, "invest in your face". She says she has always used the same cheap moisturizer and makeup remover/face wash, but she has always gotten up and "put on her face" every morning. She explained that she has always invested in her makeup, and not only did she feel beautiful most mornings, but she also had less winkles! Darlin' I'm in!!!

Ironically, while in Georgia for our vacation, I had the worse breakout ever!! I had changed my foundation as an experiment for my blog and I paid the ultimate price, looking like I had just hit puberty! I changed my makeup about a month before and had had the worst breakouts, even Brad suggested changes my face makeup. So, absolutely fed up, I chose to toss my budgeted ways and purchase a $40+ foundation. I decided to go with Urban Decay All-Nighter Foundation and a travel-size of their All-Nighter Makeup Setting Spray.




I tried this with an Ulta brand bronzer-highlighter palette since I wasn't too sure if the current E.l.f palette was also a culprit in the breakouts. At first, I shined bright as the star on the Christmas tree. Gotta love how much drug-store brand highlight you have to use in order to achieve the same result as a good brand!
Rainy day in GA provided good natural lighting

I adjusted some of the balance of blush-bronzer-highlighter combo and still love this change!! So glad I made the switch!! Still using drug-store brand eye palette and other products but I may jump ship soon! So the blonde won't be sp budgeted after all lol :)




..xobb

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thirty-Onederful!

Today I turned 31, it was a different birthday vibe than I usually have. Typically, I get really into my plans and can't wait for the day to come. Maybe it is because our plans changed drastically suddenly or because of the imminent threat of the hurricane looming in the back of my mind. But today ended up much better than originally anticipated! Of course, I needed the birthday Snapchat filter! Our plans were to go to Croom which is a motocross park ran by the state. The property used to be phosphate mines in Brooksville, it has since been used for motocross celebs and locals for enjoyment. Last minute, literally 5 hours before we were supposed to head north, the boyfriend tells me that due to the pain in the rump hurricane barreling towards the east coast they are closing the park. Talk about blonde emoji facepalm, ugh!! Now, I do not ride a dirt bike, heck I barely have the coordination to walk and chew gum at the same time. But I enjoy disconnecting, hiking, and relaxin...

We Don't Talk About That...

Mental health has never been a "hot topic" or a common dinner conversation, it is usually dusted under the rug and left to fester til another day. Honestly, I'm writing this for my own mental health, rather my sanity. Since this virus took over our lives, being forced to live completely out of the norm has made mental health become a little bit more of a subject but not by much. Being bored and forced to be in the same house almost 24/7 can cause you to focus on things you wouldn't normally think about. This is also true for myself. Up until now, I haven't really discussed with anyone but close friends and family what I have struggled with for a long time. To me, you talk about it and everyone will think you're looney. Well, I'm over it and tired of hiding it so here goes! When I lived in Orlando, I had extremely high anxiety for the first time. I was basically alone full time miles away from my hometown. I tried so desperately to avoid facing what I...

Hey There 2020!

Oh 2019, what a year! I have to admit, this year taught me a ton, left me speechless at times (I know, stunning right?!), and with some gains as well as losses! I learned how to love myself and see who I am alone, I have ended relationships that were overdue to be ended, and I became a stronger coach with Beachbody! I gained a booty thanks to my amazing workout program and learned how to eat properly! 2019 gave me the strength I needed to end a toxic relationship that was disguised as something much different. The year had it's ups and downs, as does every year, but this one in particular helped me learn what I like and where my future goals lie. I experienced things I thought I wanted and realized where I am heading is exactly where I need to be. Now that that's over, reminiscing can be fun but I am ready for a new chapter! Oh 2020, do I have something planned for you! I am entering this year on a very different foot, starting today with organizing my goals and strate...