Skip to main content

PINEAPPLES!

Within the cast of 80 Day Obsession, there are a ton of inside jokes that make you feel like you are literally working out with a bunch of your closest friends. It has definitely helped motivate me to keep up the workouts and feels like they are supporting you personally. One of the inside jokes that I think is the best is their safe word "pineapples". Even though Autumn never allows them to quit, they will say it during a tough set. Well, lately I have really wanted to yell at the top of my lungs for all the world to hear, PINEAPPLES!!!! It has been a really tough month for me mentally but, like I mentioned in my most recent post, I am focusing on myself and my goals. The past two weeks though, I allowed myself to slack on diet and working out, it's hindered my progress but I think I needed just a moment to take a break. I have had some ups and downs mentally, struggling with not being exactly where I want to be and learning to take advice, taking it day by day.

I think the worst part of ending a relationship is feeling like you are at an emotional "ground zero". For me, every end of a relationship, whether platonic or romantic, changes you just a little bit. It makes you reevaluate your path, your goals, but it can also remind you of the negative aspects of things as well. We can all lie and say that it was the other person that caused the relationship to fail, but in reality, the end is a learning experience. Where do you want to see yourself in 3,6,9, or 12 months? Do you feel as if you gave it your all? And the kicker for me, what did you change about yourself for the other person? This doesn't make me feel so great to vulnerably admit this but I love hard and sometimes lose myself. That's the part I am working on, being just myself unapologetically.

So, you may ask, who am I? I'm a work in progress who is learning a ton about myself and others day by day. I am getting healthy, a type one diabetic, a daughter, a sister, an aunt to amazing kiddos, I am medical assistant who cries with my patients daily, I am compassionate and internalize my feelings sometimes. In all, I am normal. I may have some issues of my own that I have allowed to be swept under the rug but I have finally decided not to care if they aren't so pretty. No one wakes up without morning breath, no one can say they never struggled, we are normal to trip on this incredible journey. One thing the 80 day obsession has taught me is that I am strong and can do hard things, I can yell pineapples but I won't quit.

That being said, I have learned to be confident in my own skin. One way I feel like I can help other people who may bring having similar issues is to be honest and vulnerable enough to post on social media my constant progress. Some have said negative things like I am trying to get attention or doing it for "likes", eh let em talk! So the following is my progress and a few videos from the workout called AAA, or arms, abs, ass.

This was incredibly awkward when this family wakes by the weight room on the way to the pool!


Everyday is a new day to refocus, most of you know I struggle with OCD which causes even more anxiety than my diabetes can, I have to make a conscious choice to be focused on the journey not the destination. Yes, it is that corny! These workouts help me mentally and physically. And to be honest, I hate the diets but they are a severe work in progress...I mean, I just love Jimmy John's, chikfila, and wine! But with constant support, I'm getting there! Happy Monday, positive vibes for a good week, especially since i am on vacation as of Thursday at 5pm!


.xobb

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tropic Like it's Hot!

Oh Florida summers... Goodness, is it hot?! Growing up in Fort Myers, you lived for Disney Original Movie marathons, ice cream, pool day and that rainy 3pm nap. That was life for us! After living in Central Florida for a little bit, I will say there is no better cure my Summer woes except for being in Fort Myers. Don't get me wrong, Mt Dora was beautiful but there is just something about my hometown! This week was the second at the new dermatology job, I'm slowly but surely learning the lingo. I have been in the medical field 10 years, but this specialty has a language all it's own! It's hard to keep your confidence, this position is more hands on involving anesthesia and sutures, but I'll get there! I will say though, I truly despise being the "new girl". Everyone asks the same question, patients and peers are a tad nervous since you're a stranger and all they have to go off of for your experience is your word. It's intimidating but adds to

Slap on a Little Lipstick and Pull Yourself Together!

It's hump day!  Halfway to the weekend, which usually means nothing to me since I work at a restaurant in a massive theme park! However, this weekend I have one of my closest friends coming to visit and I couldn't be more excited!! She was behind the motivation for me to start this blog, so yall be thankful! Heading into work, I wanted to post just a little something! First off, this blog is means more to me than just an outlet to express myself. It is becoming a way of releasing confidence that I've built up within myself in the last few years. I used to be the girl who threw on whatever slightly matched and didn't give a second glance at my roots or makeup! If I put eyeliner on, I would stun my beau at the time! Since then, I've grown to love myself and learn what makes me feel beautiful, now I want to share that knowledge! Quite wise, haha that's literally laughable! But if some person is taking time out of their day to read this, then I must be

I'm Made of Glitter, Water, and Anxiety

So over the last few years I have struggled with admitting and treating my own personal demon of anxiety. I have many friends who have a similar struggle and agree that prior to becoming it's prey, we thought anxiety was a total joke. I mean, when I would witness an anxiety attack I would just think, 'come on, pull it together sister!'. But now that I tend to deal with it on the daily, it is a very real monster. To have your own brain betray you as such is a difficult thing to grasp. Going from a perfectly rational person to trying to prevent anything and everything that could possibly happen, you look at yourself and think 'jeez! What a nutcase!'. Treating my anxiety wasn't an easy task, especially since I began treating mine at the end of a relationship and while being completely alone. It was a daily struggle and I really didn't feel like anyone would understand without being judgemental. I also used substances as my release, we all know I love my wine.