Skip to main content

Boy Where Did Time Go!?

So it has been one hot minute since I have posted! Life has gotten a tad more hectic by 4 paws!

Well, to catch ya up! I have been permanently working in a beautifully chaotic internal medicine office for about 2 weeks now! I love it! I am exhausted but the day flies and I am learning so much! I love my work family and the doctor that I work for is quirky like me so it's a great fit!
My partner and I!
If you know me, then you know I've been dying to become a dog mom! I had tried when we were renting but pet deposits were ridiculous! Well, a few weeks ago, Brad spotted a pup during Mount Dora art fest. He was a guide dog for his owner, super mellow and a very beautiful puppy. He was a Boykin Spaniel, Brad was hooked and I was taking full advantage of him actually deciding on a breed! After researching, we found a breeder and before Brad knew it, I was putting down a deposit on our new fur baby! Brad tried to say he wasn't excited, but since little one has joined our family he's been loving it!
Sweet boys

Our nugget!
A Boykin Spaniel is a rare pup out of South Caroline, there were actually no breeders in Florida, we went through a highly recommended breeder out of Dallas, GA KJW Kennels. I was lucky enough to get the last male, I don't do girl pups, I'm the only bitch in this house! haha! I drove up to meet the breeder in Perry, GA almost two weeks ago. Boy, the ride home was a doozy but completely worth it!!

We are in love with our little dude and can't wait til he's older! He's super smart, they're bred to be retrievers for ducks and waterfowl. I am looking to getting past the puppy stage (especially the nipping and biting) to the 6 month old stage! He is such a good boy! I thought of the name Trigger, Brad loved it and it fits him. He was 5 weeks and 5 days old when we got him, he has kept us busy! He is progressing well, he is doing well with potty training, can sit on command (when he wants to), loves going out on adventures with us, and it getting better with rides in the car! So glad we decided to go for it!!
Praise Jesus!!



Weirdo loves to sleep in odd places

He's a Gator (duh!!)

My sweet boy
I will be posting like a crazy dog mom of course! Stay tuned!!!

..xobb
..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tropic Like it's Hot!

Oh Florida summers... Goodness, is it hot?! Growing up in Fort Myers, you lived for Disney Original Movie marathons, ice cream, pool day and that rainy 3pm nap. That was life for us! After living in Central Florida for a little bit, I will say there is no better cure my Summer woes except for being in Fort Myers. Don't get me wrong, Mt Dora was beautiful but there is just something about my hometown! This week was the second at the new dermatology job, I'm slowly but surely learning the lingo. I have been in the medical field 10 years, but this specialty has a language all it's own! It's hard to keep your confidence, this position is more hands on involving anesthesia and sutures, but I'll get there! I will say though, I truly despise being the "new girl". Everyone asks the same question, patients and peers are a tad nervous since you're a stranger and all they have to go off of for your experience is your word. It's intimidating but adds to

Slap on a Little Lipstick and Pull Yourself Together!

It's hump day!  Halfway to the weekend, which usually means nothing to me since I work at a restaurant in a massive theme park! However, this weekend I have one of my closest friends coming to visit and I couldn't be more excited!! She was behind the motivation for me to start this blog, so yall be thankful! Heading into work, I wanted to post just a little something! First off, this blog is means more to me than just an outlet to express myself. It is becoming a way of releasing confidence that I've built up within myself in the last few years. I used to be the girl who threw on whatever slightly matched and didn't give a second glance at my roots or makeup! If I put eyeliner on, I would stun my beau at the time! Since then, I've grown to love myself and learn what makes me feel beautiful, now I want to share that knowledge! Quite wise, haha that's literally laughable! But if some person is taking time out of their day to read this, then I must be

I'm Made of Glitter, Water, and Anxiety

So over the last few years I have struggled with admitting and treating my own personal demon of anxiety. I have many friends who have a similar struggle and agree that prior to becoming it's prey, we thought anxiety was a total joke. I mean, when I would witness an anxiety attack I would just think, 'come on, pull it together sister!'. But now that I tend to deal with it on the daily, it is a very real monster. To have your own brain betray you as such is a difficult thing to grasp. Going from a perfectly rational person to trying to prevent anything and everything that could possibly happen, you look at yourself and think 'jeez! What a nutcase!'. Treating my anxiety wasn't an easy task, especially since I began treating mine at the end of a relationship and while being completely alone. It was a daily struggle and I really didn't feel like anyone would understand without being judgemental. I also used substances as my release, we all know I love my wine.