Skip to main content

Quick Lunchtime Minute

In the last few months, I feel I have changed a lot toward the person I want to be for the rest of my life. I have learned many things the hardest way possible. I have fallen, gotten back up, and even if it has taken more time than I would have liked, I kept going. I learned about myself; my flaws, weaknesses and strengths. I have realized that I am can only be the best version of myself and strive to meet my goals. I have had people strike me down (metaphorically), lift me up, and teach me so many things.

Recently, I've changed my career path. Originally, I was heading towards a professional in the health care field and now, I am about a month away from beginning my real estate career. All these things are strange, exciting and nerve racking all at the same time. I've seen the person I could be and have been, and I hate her. I've learned from her and now, I know what I want and how I am going to get it. Will it go perfectly? No, never does. Why? Because I just have the goal and the plan but the play out will be out of my control. Could this all fall apart and I would be starting a square one? Sure, but that's the thrill.

God pressed something on my heart about two years ago. Move away from my security blanket and go into the unknown. I couldn't be happier that that opportunity found it's way to me. Everyday I wake up new, a little scared and I fight off some demons that most people have but ignore. Well, I face mine. My goals have changed as I've changed, people in my life have also changed. I guess, with the new year lingering, I feel electricity and anxiousness but in a good way for once. Not in a scared, sad way. I can't wait to get into this field, trip and fall and learn. I want to travel and see things. I want to be more accepting and meet new people. It took 28 years for me to realize that this is my life. Mine alone. I may have a good man, big chaotic family, and a decent job but the choices I make are mine alone and can't be used to inflict guilt any longer. Ready to stand on my own two feet.

Maybe you're struggling with the fork in your own personal road. Maybe you aren't sure what your motivation is. Mine is happiness and succeed, not having to stare at a negative income or terrible credit score any longer. Hopefully this rambling helped you see past the guilt and through to the other side where you can grow and strive for you. Not for others.

Happy Monday!

..xobb
posted from Bloggeroid

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thirty-Onederful!

Today I turned 31, it was a different birthday vibe than I usually have. Typically, I get really into my plans and can't wait for the day to come. Maybe it is because our plans changed drastically suddenly or because of the imminent threat of the hurricane looming in the back of my mind. But today ended up much better than originally anticipated! Of course, I needed the birthday Snapchat filter! Our plans were to go to Croom which is a motocross park ran by the state. The property used to be phosphate mines in Brooksville, it has since been used for motocross celebs and locals for enjoyment. Last minute, literally 5 hours before we were supposed to head north, the boyfriend tells me that due to the pain in the rump hurricane barreling towards the east coast they are closing the park. Talk about blonde emoji facepalm, ugh!! Now, I do not ride a dirt bike, heck I barely have the coordination to walk and chew gum at the same time. But I enjoy disconnecting, hiking, and relaxin...

We Don't Talk About That...

Mental health has never been a "hot topic" or a common dinner conversation, it is usually dusted under the rug and left to fester til another day. Honestly, I'm writing this for my own mental health, rather my sanity. Since this virus took over our lives, being forced to live completely out of the norm has made mental health become a little bit more of a subject but not by much. Being bored and forced to be in the same house almost 24/7 can cause you to focus on things you wouldn't normally think about. This is also true for myself. Up until now, I haven't really discussed with anyone but close friends and family what I have struggled with for a long time. To me, you talk about it and everyone will think you're looney. Well, I'm over it and tired of hiding it so here goes! When I lived in Orlando, I had extremely high anxiety for the first time. I was basically alone full time miles away from my hometown. I tried so desperately to avoid facing what I...

Hey There 2020!

Oh 2019, what a year! I have to admit, this year taught me a ton, left me speechless at times (I know, stunning right?!), and with some gains as well as losses! I learned how to love myself and see who I am alone, I have ended relationships that were overdue to be ended, and I became a stronger coach with Beachbody! I gained a booty thanks to my amazing workout program and learned how to eat properly! 2019 gave me the strength I needed to end a toxic relationship that was disguised as something much different. The year had it's ups and downs, as does every year, but this one in particular helped me learn what I like and where my future goals lie. I experienced things I thought I wanted and realized where I am heading is exactly where I need to be. Now that that's over, reminiscing can be fun but I am ready for a new chapter! Oh 2020, do I have something planned for you! I am entering this year on a very different foot, starting today with organizing my goals and strate...